When combining electrolysis and fuel cell modes within the same system the PEM process becomes regenerative. Adding renewable power input to the electrolysis process makes the entire system sustainable.
XStorra® Extreme Energy Storage and Power Delivery
Infinity’s XSTORRA® Regenerative Fuel Cell System combines power generation and energy storage for remote locations. This system consists of one module housing a hydraulically actuated fold-out solar array and a second module containing a hydrogen generator, fuel cell, and hydrogen storage.
The solar array produces 5 kW of power output while leveraging excess solar power production to generate hydrogen via electrolysis. This hydrogen is stored for later use in the fuel cell, providing 5 kW of power during cloudy or nighttime periods.
In addition to providing stored energy to the fuel cell, hydrogen can be utilized for automotive refueling/recharging as well as refilling hydrogen powered drones. The only input to the system is power and water.
- 5 kW of solar output
- 18 panels hydraulically deployed in 15 minutes
- 5 kW fuel cell
- 30 kWh of energy storage
- Integrated hydrogen refueling
- Humvee-towable packages
- Other packaging options available
- Reduced fuel transport risk and cost
- Low thermal and acoustic signatures during operation
- Forward area deployment for military applications
- Civilian distribution potential for disaster recovery