When combining electrolysis and fuel cell modes within the same system the PEM process becomes regenerative. Adding renewable power input to the electrolysis process makes the entire system sustainable.
XStorra® Extreme Energy Storage and Power Delivery
Infinity’s XSTORRA® Regenerative Fuel Cell System combines power generation and energy storage for remote locations. This system consists of one module housing a hydraulically actuated fold-out solar array and a second module containing a hydrogen generator, fuel cell, and hydrogen storage.
While initially developed for the U.S. Marines to support deployed expeditionary forces in Iraq, the general configuration has many other applications. In it’s mobile form it can provide emergency mobile power during natural disasters, and other temporary off-grid needs. In fixed deployments, it can provide backup or even primary power to a variety of industrial applications.
- Modular design
- Hydraulically deployed solar array
- Fully integrated system designed and build by Infinity®
- Humvee-towable packages
- Other packaging options available
- Reduced fuel transport risk and cost
- Low thermal and acoustic signatures during operation
- Forward area deployment for a variety of off-grid applications
- Civilian distribution potential