The Electrical/Control Systems Engineer is responsible for analysis and design of electrical architecture and circuitry used in our fuel cell systems. This role is focused upon analyzing and designing new circuits and/or modifying existing circuit designs to achieve improved performance, cost and reliability. The ideal candidate needs to have a fundamental understanding of embedded designs in a hardened/industrial environment and will need to work with our teams to develop and improve the electrical systems to work in this environment.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, test and document embedded design for existing and new products.
- Perform various electrical tests for electrical and systems engineering.
- Write tests plans for printed circuit boards, electrical hardware and system.
- Perform system troubleshooting and author incident reports.
- Build effective internal relationships with colleagues; work both inter-departmentally and cross-functionally as needed for project assignments.
- Effectively incorporate field data from customers as well as manufacturing constraints within design work efforts; focus upon design elements that improve the end-user experience and increase manufacturability.
- Manage project assignments with a focus on delivering high caliber results in a timely fashion.
- Maintain an understanding of high priority engineering projects; be prepared to contribute as needed to priority projects.
- Seek opportunities to grow knowledge of company products while also furthering engineering knowledge through internal collaboration.
- Perform overall systems design and engineering tasks.
- Plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers.
- Monitor project controls within discipline.
- Test, maintain and monitor control systems design criteria.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience; experience within a manufacturing operation is highly preferred.
- Embedded system design and analysis experience required.
- Experience in C with an understanding of writing code and drivers for embedded systems; programming skills preferred.
- Experience in Visual Basic.
- Demonstrated aptitude in designing and building electronic subsystems.
- Experience in digital and analog circuit design and analysis.
- Board layout and design would be a plus.
- Proficient in reading engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and a commitment to work quality.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume to HR@infinityfuel.com