This position is career-growth opportunity for a leader with strong communications and planning skills. Candidate will work with VP of Engineering to lead plant operations in a manner that meets or exceeds Profit and Loss, Safety, Quality, and Delivery goals. The Director of Operations develops plans and provides leadership to those within his/her area of responsibility as well as support groups to insure a successful operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop short and long-term plans, policies, programs, operating procedures, and objectives.
- Assists in executing operations plans while meeting Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals.
- Develops and executes manufacturing operations expansion and growth plans, including the selection and procurement of equipment, plant design / layout, contractor management, and production startup.
- Identifies required resources (staffing, equipment, methods, and materials) to meet customer commitments.
- Maintain surveillance over operations through reports, staff meetings, observation, and personal contact to assure integration of workflow, timely production, budgetary conformance and utilization of personal skills and equipment.
- Assist in production planning, inventory management, and procurement process to assure components are planned and secured on time to meet assembly and test plans.
- Interacts with other functions such as R&D Engineering, Quality Assurance, Sales, Project Management, and Human Resources to facilitate a collaborative environment that ensures new products, processes, plans, are fulfilled by the operation.
- Assists in managing budgets to meet objectives and leading the operations group in the fulfillment of those objectives.
- Responsible for meeting Quality Objectives and maintaining commitment to ISO9001 and AS9100 standards
- Coordinate daily Production and Shipping activities and provide effective work direction for operations staff.
- Assist and advise others to resolve problems and implement permanent corrective actions
- BA/BS in Business, Operations, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations with at least 5 years in supervisory roles.
- Demonstrated track record managing manufacturing operations, and achieving Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost performance objectives.
- Experience operating according to budgets that satisfy business objectives.
- Experienced leadership and team development
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with personnel at all levels.
- Experience in working with ISO9001 Quality System requirements.
Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities